[T3] Need help with erratic no start/start condition

Jonathan Stiles misterstiles at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 06:02:44 PDT 2011

On Tuesday, September 27, 2011, Norman Roush <naroush at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> My daily driver '68 Squareback with MT and FI has recently developed an
erratic no start condition.  Car will start and run fine for days/weeks.
Ran errand this AM.  Car started fine drove for about 20 mins.  Stopped for
15-20 mins and restarted fine and went home.  After 20-30 mins tried to
start car but turned key, heard relays but fuel pump did not prime.  Checked
relay, fuses and elect connections at pump.  All appeared OK but pump would
not run.  Waited 30 mins while working on options, tried again, pumped
primed OK and I drove to work.  I do not think I really "fixed" anything.
This sequence has happened 3 times in last 5-6 weeks.  I live in Sunnyvale,
CA so heat/humidity is not a problem.  This has happened at 9:00 PM when it
was cool.  Any suggestions?

Check you battery ground and fuel injection ground. I can't tell you how
many times i have found erratic operations have been traced back to loose
grounding.

Jon Stiles