[T3] 72 FI or compatible

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Thu Sep 29 20:03:05 PDT 2011

On 29 Sep 2011 at 19:11, Max Welton wrote:

> Using stock injectors, pump and regulator could have further
> simplified things, but I didn't have those parts.

I was astonished that you had trouble getting stock injectors. I
would think any reasonably competent FLAPS could have supplied them.
I have them, and all the other parts.

Where did you get the large diameter cupro-nickel tubing? That's a
nice choice, but all rubber hose would have been easier and actually
more reliable.

Did you consider sensing oil temp, since this is a pretty good
indicator of engine temp? Our engines are sometimes referred to as
"oil cooled," after all.

Late intake air distributors have a temp sensor boss. Could you have
used the OE Bosch temp sensor? Or did the MS require a different
sensor? Could that upper boss be retapped for the other sensor?

Sorry for so many questions. Looks like you put a LOT of work into
this.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org