[T3] 72 FI or compatible

Max Welton max_welton_2k at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 29 19:11:57 PDT 2011

> If I remember right,  he's got over 4,000 miles on it already (since early this summer).

I actually put ~4700 miles on it in the last 3 weeks of March right after I got it running. Much of that was a 6-day loop through Portland OR, Susansville CA and Phoenix. My idea of a shakedown cruise. :-)

I did keep the stock ignition system, including the original distributor. And since I used a stock TB/plenum I was able to use the stock vacuum advance port and time it per stock specs.

Using stock injectors, pump and regulator could have further simplified things, but I didn't have those parts.

Max