[T3] Muffler talk

Gary Forsmo gbforsmo at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 10:30:18 PDT 2011

*With all this talk about exhaust part 'n pieces, I believe I may have found
two German OEM heat exchangers, in their original boxes.  All the
insulation, shields, bands, levers, flaps, etc. seem to be present.

Question:
1.  How difficult a job is remove the old ones and install the new ones?
2.  Is it relatively "EASY or DIFFICULT" to do, with the engine in the car?
3.  With two skilled "wrenches" working on the job, (on jack stands ... NOT
on a lift) how many hours might it take?
4.  Will we (probably) need a "fire wrench" to get the old ones off?

Gary "Frito" -- '69 Variant, FI, MT
Lake Geneva, WI
*