[T3] Alternators for T-3's...

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Fri Apr 27 17:03:22 PDT 2012

In a message dated 4/27/2012 7:28:46 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
ftalker at gmail.com writes:

Hi  there
In the most recent issue of HVWs, (curiously, June, 2012, page 62-3),
there is a vendor article about a T-3 alternator conversion which apparently
requires no cooling tin surgery or any other irreparable changes.  I  followed
up with an email about cost, ($279.00 plus shipping), and a poorly
answered question I had about the belt tensioning system and the fan housing  hole.

He's also got an ad in the classifieds there. I took a look at it, but
wasn't impressed. I really didn't like the idea of screwing a big chunk of
aluminum to an 8 mm stud, and using it as the pivot point for the alternator.
Or  the fact that he's charging you over a 150 bucks for "his" brackets and
an 85  dollar alternator. :O

Brent has done a much better set up, that uses the studs to hold the
brackets, plus using 2 existing M6 bolts to stabilize the brackets. Someone else
is looking at having the brackets lazer (or water jet) cut too, as Brent
posted  his blueprints of his brackets on the Samba. That guy also did a nice
3D model  of the brackets as well. We're supposed to find out soon how much
they'll be and  when they'll be offered (for those of us too lazy to make
our own ;-) ).

64 T-34 Ghia  (Wolfie)