[T3] Alternators for T-3's...

ftalker at gmail.com ftalker at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 16:28:36 PDT 2012

Hi there
In the most recent issue of HVWs, (curiously, June, 2012, page 62-3), there is a vendor article about a T-3 alternator conversion which apparently requires no cooling tin surgery or any other irreparable changes.  I followed up with an email about cost, ($279.00 plus shipping), and a poorly answered question I had about the belt tensioning system and the fan housing hole.
In any case, this appears a much superior system to that previously offered from some outfit in the Northwest.  If I weren't in the throes of a '56 Porsche restoration, I would order one and report.  But, that won't happen soon for me.  Hopefully, someone who is tired of marginal voltage, aging wiring and electrical ghosts will do so.
Hope this helps.
Best regards,
FE Meek

Sent from my iPhone