[T3] Alternators for T-3's...

Keith Park topnotch at nycap.rr.com
Fri Apr 27 17:24:49 PDT 2012

Well, I know not everybody agree's with me but I gotta say, I think its just
a waste of time and money going to an alternator especially with a stock or
near stock car.  Yes, alternators are more efficient but ya know, when I had
the T4 engine in it with the Bosch alternator I still didn't have positive
charging at idle and could see no difference in any of the electric's over
the stock T3 generator and I have lots of extra loads on the system like
dual beam headlights, foglights, power windows, and a whole trailer full of
lights that gets pulled for hours at a time in the summer.

I do need to replace brushes every 40K mi or so, but that's cheap and easy.

Just my opinion...

Keith

Top Notch Restorations
topnotch at nycap.rr.com