[T3] Faulty Fuel Pump

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Sat Dec 29 16:18:33 PST 2012

In a message dated 12/29/2012 5:47:33 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
adriel_rowley at hotmail.com writes:

I am so  mad right now! Adney sent me a rebuilt pump (which I am sure he
tested), just  installed it, and it doesn&apost work! Applied 12 volts and
nothing. I  have the two clicks, dash lights are on, and fully charged battery.
The dome  light even started working and really spins over like I never
heard it do. So  should be good to go. If I don&apost get the Squareback
running by  3:00P.S.T. going to cost me an extra $100 I really don&apost have,
thus  part of the reason I am upset (also sick of how unreliable these autos
are).  Any ideas?

How long ago did you install it? Did you keep it stored full of fuel?  Or
was the fuel tank left dry? Can you use a couple of jumper wires to run the
pump? Or jump the relay? Just asking, as I know these questions will come up
 eventually.

Bob 65 Notch  S w/Sunroof and IRS aka Krusty
64 T-34 Ghia aka Wolfie
71 Square-vert  under construction