[T3] FW: kensue356 thought you might like this item on eBay

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Sat Feb 4 07:35:52 PST 2012

On 3 Feb 2012 at 16:45, Dave Hall wrote:

> back in the early 60s there weren't too many VW manuals available in
> the UK.

When I bought my '68, at first I let the dealer do all the work,
because the car was under warrantee (2 years / 24 months.) After that
ended, I continued with the dealer for a couple years, until a bad
experience taught me that there were some things I could do as well
or better than the dealer.

During those years I looked around for a decent manual, buying
several, but never being really happy with what I could find. The
best of that era was a plastic bound edition (so you could wipe
grease off the cover with a rag) that came out of England.

Eventually, I came across the brown Bentley. I still remember my
astonishment when I first looked thru it. It had real photos, real
data, real wiring diagrams for each year, and it covered the fuel
injection in detail. I bought a copy immediately. That was a first
printing,  new for $12.95!

I still have that copy. It's falling apart now, but I don't dare buy
a new one because the old one has all my notes in it!

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org