[T3] FW: kensue356 thought you might like this item on eBay

Dave Hall dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk
Sat Feb 4 08:31:46 PST 2012

Yes, I've a copy of that 1974 printing of the Haynes manual, and they write
them from doing a full strip down of an actual car, but the photos aren't
factory quality, and where an earlier or later car is different, they can
set you off down the wrong track for its repair.  It was a 1967 car they
used, judging from the registration and chassis numbers visible, but there's
no trace of that car on the government database now.

The newer Haynes manuals are so generic, you can pick places where you know
it doesn't relate well to the car you are actually working on.  That leads
to uncertainty over any procedure detailed, and a lack of confidence in the
text.  There's some danger using the original factory manuals due to later
workshop bulletins not being present in the old manuals.

The most practical advice is to be found on here!

Dave.
UK VW Type 3&4 Club