[T3] Tire Expiration Date?

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Sun Feb 5 11:02:01 PST 2012

In a message dated 2/5/2012 1:44:26 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
gbforsmo at gmail.com writes:

Yea but  this goes beyond the installer. Say you had a new set installed but
you  didn't put many miles and still have them passed that expiration date
the  cops could ticket you for driving on tires that have expired or if you
live  in a state that dose inspections. Like I said just a rumor I have
been
hearing in some of the automotive circles I'm  in.

Dennis
Have any of  the major tire manufacturers

- Bridgestone
- Cooper
- Dunlop
- Firestone
- General
- Goodyear
- Kelly
-  Michelin

taken an interest in "lobbying" (not a bad thing, per se) FOR  or AGAINST
the issue of Expiration Date for  Tires?

Not that I'm aware of.

That law might be hard to enforce, as they would either need check points,
or a reason to pull you over, or something like that. Keep in mind, not
every  state has a vehicle inspection (safety or otherwise). I know Michigan
doesn't,  however, when pulled over (for speeding for example) the officer can
do an  inspection IF he thinks there's a reason to do so. Most of the time,
cops are  looking for bald tires, rather than born on/expiration dates.

In some states, the "vehicle inspection" is just a way to generate revenue,
 and not necessarily a safety check or emissions test. :O

64 T-34 Ghia (Wolfie)
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=412120