[T3] Tired Searching for Tires

Adriel Rowley adriel_rowley at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 5 19:23:46 PST 2012

> Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2012 14:56:58 -0800
> From: max_welton_2k at yahoo.com
> To: type3 at vwtype3.org
> Subject: Re: [T3] Tired Searching for Tires
>
> The 195s are on stock (as far as I know) 4.5" type-3 wheels.

Good to know for future reference we can use 195/65R15 in the front.

> The 205s are on 4.5" Mangles that I got years ago for my 67 (long-axle) KG. Those I had to special-order at the time.

I am surprised a 205 could stay on a 4.5" rim with hard cornering. Bet there was a good bit of side wall deflection and bulge, right? I do recall another member doing something similar, but the data is not coming forward; fairly late, lot of cramming, so...

Thank you,
Adriel