[T3] Intermittent hesitation/stall.?

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Tue Feb 7 14:28:15 PST 2012

On 7 Feb 2012 at 11:17, Gary Forsmo wrote:

> Does this post follow the CORRECT Type 3 "protocol" for responding to
> a question?

I hesitate to designate one particular format the correct one, simply
because we'll never all manage to agree. But I found your system
readable and it worked. It avoided excess quoted material, and it got
the answer (or comment) to follow the question (or statement.) There
ought to be a way to do this without copying and pasting. In general,
I think all you have to do is learn how to highlight and use the
carriage return and delete keys, and how to put your cursor where YOU
want to start your message.

The best illustration for this problem that I've ever seen was in
someone's sig on one of the Bicycle newsgroups. It went something
like this:

Answer:
Because it reverses the normal order between question and answer.

Question:
Why is top posting bad?

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org