[T3] Searching for Tires/Where we live

Adriel Rowley adriel_rowley at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 8 01:51:01 PST 2012

-------------------------

1971 Sunroof Squareback with F.I.- Located in Coastal San Diego County
Student, A.S.U. Tempe, AZ

> From: jadney at vwtype3.org
> To: type3 at vwtype3.org
> Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2012 21:41:30 -0600
> Subject: Re: [T3] Searching for Tires/Where we live
>
> On 6 Feb 2012 at 15:54, Adriel Rowley wrote:
>

> > -------------------------
> >
> > 1971 Sunroof Squareback with F.I.- Located in Coastal San Diego County
> > Student, A.S.U. Tempe, AZ

> > > From: jadney at vwtype3.org
> > > To: type3 at vwtype3.org
> > > Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2012 15:38:03 -0600
> > > Subject: Re: [T3] Searching for Tires/Where we live
> > >
> > > No, you're top posting, too, as I have done this time. Note that
> > > you've put your response at the top of your message, but you managed
> > > to get your sig file placed above the excess quoted material. That
> > > makes it visible, but still leaves lots of excess quoted material.
> > >
> > Since you do not trust me, will show again what it is really doing.
> >
> > Or, let us see if it corrects the location.
> >
> > what program are you using? I have searched for a long time, and apparently
> > Hotmail does not do a proper signature. I used to have Outlook, but caused
> > List issues, so for Greg and you I quit, but that was a very long time ago.
>
> That was nicely bottom posted, and you cleared out everything that
> was not relevant, which was good, but somehow your sig got put at the
> top, which is not what you want. I'm not familiar with Hotmail, so I
> don't know how their sigs work, but I suspect they have options that
> you can select.

There is no option, so since they want it, will just accept it as is.

> I don't use webmail, because I prefer the options that I get with
> Pegasus, which is a rather old style POP email client. It's free, but
> it takes more than basic understanding to set it up. The real up side
> is that it's incredibly flexible and handles things like attachments,
> (small) email lists, multiple mailboxes, multiple sig files, multiple
> users, etc. very nicely.

Pegasus will not one use a webmail account, only a business account like
you have. Darn shame, as looks like a good program, though a bit too
informal branding. Guess if I want options Outlook is the only one, but
will cost $200.

> Whatever you use, it pays to look carefully at the options available.
> I suspect that there are lots of options available that would be
> useful if you understood them.

The nice thing about Pegasus is they have a decent manual. I have now spent
over a half hour going through it, and the most frustrating is not
searchable. Might be also that this is a new laptop, so still figuring out
what programs need to be acquired. Oh, and with Outlook, I had training in
High School, so know that it can do about anything one can ask for at least
basics, though by now it is most likely changed quite a bit. I only have so
much time (right now can't sleep due to a stress soar throat/cough) so
can't spend hours searching for programs, downloading, then trying them out.

Thank you for all your help,
Adriel

P.S. My fuel pumps should have arrived, as Jack said they were to be sent out
last week on Monday. Anything?