[T3] Tire Expiration Dating

Dave Hall dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk
Wed Feb 8 10:52:22 PST 2012

Well, the guy makes a big thing about the British industry wanting not to
use tyres over 6 years old, but I've not heard that said publicly.
We don't usually get the high storage temperatures that might exist in parts
of the USA - the tyres in the rack on the forecourt in the report must be
getting more weathered than I would expect in the UK.

My son's car had several cracks in the treads on some tyres on his car -
Michelins, too, which I've never experienced before in that brand.  Sure, in
a tyre on a 'project' car, not moved for ages, the tyres can crack badly.

Dave.
UK VW Type 3&4 Club