[T3] Tire Expiration Dating

John limerence1 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 8 09:01:50 PST 2012

Hi Guys,

Not sure how to exactly respond to threads when I am in digest mode but not sure if anyone has shared the following link yet.

http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=4826897

-John

   3. Tire Expiration Dating... (J. Jonik)
Message: 3
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2012 14:55:03 -0800 (PST)
From: "J. Jonik" <j_jonik at yahoo.com>
To: type3 at vwtype3.org
Subject: [T3] Tire Expiration Dating...

Here is a pretty thorough rap on Tire Expiration Dates...more complex than one might think at first.

http://www.aa1car.com/library/tire_expire.htm

PS: Long ago, a friend sold me a big fat Buick, the kind with portholes, for $90, because I had to fix front alignment problems. ? I didn't get to do that because I hadn't? yet finished course in "How not to be an idiot". ?? Front tire(s) wore out and blew every three or four weeks from really odd wear.? I just replaced blown ones with cheap but decent used tires...ten to 20 bucks a pop.
?Thing is....I became the safest, most alert driver on the road because I Never Knew when the next tire would blow.? ?? This is the same principle as strapping your youngest child to the front bumper.? That gets you to drive Very Cautiously too....if you like the kid, that is.