[T3] Tow Bar

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Thu Feb 9 14:38:43 PST 2012

In a message dated 2/9/2012 5:11:21 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
gbforsmo at gmail.com writes:

*The  round, tubular Front Bumper Reinforcement (and Front Bumper) are NOT
on the  car now, and probably won't be by Invasion time.   So, as  you
suggest, using those "holes" may be a possibility for making an  attachment
device., too.  Good thought,  Jim.*

While this would be convenient (using those holes), the problem is they end
 right at the beam mounts. You'd have to add some sort of extension inward
to get  to the beam itself, and then you have to watch the clearance for the
pitman arm,  since it sticks out on the front side of the beam there. I ran
into that issue  with my first "plate" design (for using a standard bug tow
bar). That one got a  cut corner there just for clearance. Just something
to think about.

64 T-34 Ghia (Wolfie)
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=412120