[T3] no start -- but just drove it!

Dave Hall dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk
Sat Feb 11 17:03:58 PST 2012

That jumper wire will do the trick. You may find the connector under the
carpet near the seat is poor, or even detached - try to take a measurement
at the switch end of the wire (black/red thick one.  Look for 12V when you
turn the switch to start.  Hopefully it's just wiring not the switch.

Yes, the switch should send 12V to the starter.  It sends it to that
connector, which is not quite the bolt - there's a pull-in winding that gets
the motor truning and moves the gear to mesh with the flywheel before the
main contacts in the solenoid close.

Dave.
UK VW Type 3&4 Club