[T3] no start -- but just drove it!

Bryon Garvin spinningrooves at gmail.com
Sat Feb 11 16:24:43 PST 2012

Did the quarter test this morning.  Starter turned.  That scared the
bejezus out of me even though I was ready for it.  Anyway, now I'd just
like to be extra sure about my test here.  I put a probe to the small wire
(disconnected now) at the starter and test for voltage as I turn the key to
start.  I get nothing.  That is supposed to have 12v correct?

So, assuming that wire is bad (or ignition switch).....I can now put a clip
lead on the lug where that wire went, touch the other end to the (+)
battery terminal, and the starter should spin.  Yes?  That's essentially
the same thing as using the quarter right?  I just want to confirm that
everything is still working before I proceed with tracking down the bad
wire.

I guess the main question I'm asking is that the ignition switch is
supposed to send 12V to the starter, right?

Thanks,

 - Bryon