[T3] no start -- but just drove it!

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Sun Feb 12 09:33:46 PST 2012

On 12 Feb 2012 at 8:53, Bryon Garvin wrote:

> Is it possible that I fried the pump relay or some other part of the
> system that allows the pump to run on its own?  Seems to me like the
> engine isn't getting fuel.  But I'm certainly no expert.

I don't think you could have fried the relay, but it's somewhat
possible that your relay is bad. You could put a small jumper around
the relay, which would make the pump run as long as the jumper is in
place. (Or just hold down your priming button, which does the same
thing.)

You CAN hear the pump runing when you push that button, can't you?

It's also possible that the FI main power relay isn't working. Make
SURE it's fixing screw is tight, because there's a necessary ground
wire also attached under that screw.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org