[T3] no start -- but just drove it!

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Sun Feb 12 13:51:47 PST 2012

In a message dated 2/12/2012 3:29:58 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
spinningrooves at gmail.com writes:

Answered  my own question. Used a meter and found terminals to be common.
Car starts  and runs.

Sorry about the silly goose chase.  That 3rd wire threw  me.

Congratulations on fixing it. The "3rd wire" would go to a terminal spade
on the starter battery + terminal. That terminal might not be there any more
IF  the starter or the cable (or both) have been replaced. If this is your
case,  just loop the wire up and away from everything and disregard it.
Early 71's and  those cars built prior didn't get the diagnostic port (it was a
mid 71  addition). You won't miss it. ;-)

64 T-34 Ghia (Wolfie)
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=412120