[T3] no start -- but just drove it!

Mike Fisher fisherfarms at gmail.com
Sun Feb 12 17:35:14 PST 2012

Did you test your fuel pressure for 30 lbs?  There is a test port between
the pairs of injectors.  I used a cheap water pressure gauge from Home
Depot/nipple/fuel hose/clamps to build mine.  Russ told us it should only
pump about 1 quart per minute.  Your fuel Return line could also be
plugged.

On Sun, Feb 12, 2012 at 4:20 PM, Bryon Garvin <spinningrooves at gmail.com>wrote:

> Thanks Jim,
>
> as you probably read later, I finally figured it out.  I made the
> stupid assumption that the wire I saw on the solenoid the first time
> was the one from the front.  I couldn't see the other terminal due to
> where I was.  Also, I was screwed up a bit as to where the wall of the
> battery well was.  It was farther forward and I kept thinking "why
> don't I see this wire exiting the interior??"
>
> Anyway, pointless to yap about it anymore.  I'm feeling kinda dumb I
> didn't find the wire in the first place.  I read the Bentley wiring
> diagram and still failed to figure out that I should be looking for 2
> wires up there in addition to the heavy battery wire.
>
> Thanks everyone for their help.
>
>  - Bryon, '71 Fastback
>
> On Sun, Feb 12, 2012 at 3:16 PM, Jim Adney <jadney at vwtype3.org> wrote:
> > On 12 Feb 2012 at 11:41, Bryon Garvin wrote:
> >
> >> Only question left is:  Which terminal on the solenoid is for the
> >> ignition wire and which is for the ECU testing point.  Or does it
> >> matter?  I can't tell if those two terminals are connected, in which
> >> case it doesn't matter.  But if it does matter, will someone tell me
> >> which goes on which?
> >
> > Use your voltmeter or test light to see if either has voltage on it
> > with the key off. If both are dead, they are interchangable. If only
> > one is dead, the wire from the front connects to that one.
> >
> > --

Eugene, Oregon

http://s169.photobucket.com/albums/u236/mr_bojangles500/