[T3] Factory FM Stereo For T-3?

Dennis Stiefel dlstiefel at dekalbk12.org
Sat Feb 18 14:20:46 PST 2012

*A quick search pulled up this site:

http://web.me.com/stokester/Dub~Tunes/Sapphire_Radios_1968_to_1979.htm

*(Note the l that wrapped onto the second line. you'll have to add
*that back to the url.)

I added the one but still couldn't get anything. I'll fiddle with it some
more later.

*Apparently, your Sapphire 16 was stereo, which is unusual. I hope you
*won't cut holes in your door panels for the extra speakers, but the
*rear parcel shelf might be a good spot.

The original door panels that was in it I lost had holes cut in it that I
had put their back in the 80s. But these I have now I don't think I will cut
even though they are reproductions from ISP west. The rear parcel shelf
still has the holes that I cut back then for 6X9 so I will just use them
maybe in combo with the stock speaker grill in the dash or maybe the kick
panels. I have seen some aftermarket speaker mounts for Beetles that go on
the kick panels but don't know how well they would work on our cars. I
wonder how the speakers were set up in that squareback? The only place I see
that it has a place for them is the one in the dash. Did they have two small
speakers there? If so kind of defeats the purpose for having stereo.

Dennis