[T3] Factory FM Stereo For T-3?

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Sat Feb 18 12:55:52 PST 2012

On 18 Feb 2012 at 13:53, Dennis Stiefel wrote:

> Looking closer at it I notice it was a little
> different than the original one(from the 72 FB). There is prevision for two
> speakers and when I turned it on and started to tune in FM stations I notice
> what looked like a stereo light that came on when ever I got a good FM
> signal. Did they offer FM stereo in 72? If so I would just add some modern
> speakers to it and come up with a way to play my Ipod to it and that would
> be good enough for me.  Here is a photo of it.
>
>  http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2774634121253

A quick search pulled up this site:

http://web.me.com/stokester/Dub~Tunes/Sapphire_Radios_1968_to_1979.htm

(Note the l that wrapped onto the second line. you'll have to add
that back to the url.)

Apparently, your Sapphire 16 was stereo, which is unusual. I hope you
won't cut holes in your door panels for the extra speakers, but the
rear parcel shelf might be a good spot.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org