[T3] Factory FM Stereo For T-3?

Dennis Stiefel dlstiefel at dekalbk12.org
Sat Feb 18 11:53:19 PST 2012

While waiting for all the engine parts and machine work to come in and the
body work I have been looking at some of the little stuff. Those who have
been keeping up with this project you know this was the car of my youth and
certain aspects of the car I was wanting to recreate.   In high school I had
one of the best car sound system in my class as we pumped out the hits from
the 80s back then from it. My secret weapon was the Fastback's interior has
very good acoustics as I learned later when I transferred this system to
other cars. My plan was to put another nice sound system in it but with
funding like it is now it will have to be put on the back burner for now.
Originally the car had a mono AM/FM radio in it. The parts car (72 SB) had I
thought the same radio in it. The dial was locked up in it so I took the
outer cover off of it lubed up some things put it back together, put a
speaker, antenna, and 12 volts to it and it lives again. The speaker in the
parts car was long gone. Looking closer at it I notice it was a little
different than the original one(from the 72 FB). There is prevision for two
speakers and when I turned it on and started to tune in FM stations I notice
what looked like a stereo light that came on when ever I got a good FM
signal. Did they offer FM stereo in 72? If so I would just add some modern
speakers to it and come up with a way to play my Ipod to it and that would
be good enough for me.  Here is a photo of it.

 http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2774634121253
<http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2774634121253&set=a.1294729764569.20
38351.1120060951&type=3&theater>
&set=a.1294729764569.2038351.1120060951&type=3&theater

Dennis Stiefel

72 Fastback