[T3] Factory FM Stereo For T-3?

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Sun Feb 19 06:00:00 PST 2012

On 18 Feb 2012 at 23:50, Dennis Stiefel wrote:

> *The battery would be in the way on the passenger side kick panels of
> *both models.
>
> Well I was meaning the kick panels up front. They bolted on top of them like
> this.
>
> http://www.volkstech.com/html/vw_speaker_panels.html

Okay, that would work, although they would require sheet metal screws
that would come thru the front inner fender wall. That's probably
okay for our cars now, but I hate to see that done to a daily driver
because it gives rust a place to start.

If you do this, use the sheet metal screws with the blunt tips.
Otherwise, you may gash yourself on the ends some other time when
you're working under the car and not thinking about those screws.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org