[T3] Microfiche

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Mon Feb 20 19:29:48 PST 2012

In a message dated 2/20/2012 7:41:59 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk writes:

I think  Russ said the pdfs are searchable.  That could be a great help  in
finding parts and their fitment.  I started scanning the parts book  and
doing OCR on the pages years ago - each page took quite a while,  mostly
checking for mistakes.  I didn't get too far with  it!

Yeah, I know Russ spent a lot of hours just scanning them (he did multiple
manuals). It's been a life saver for me, because he included the T-34 parts
 book. ;-) I have an actual pictorial parts book, but it doesn't have any
part numbers in it, or cover the T-34. It's still very useful, as it'll help
you  find which "section" you want to look thru. I think Jacin converting
them to  jpegs actually is easier, as you can look at the thumbnails, and
decide IF you  want to view that page or not. I don't know if the CDs are
actually searchable,  but there's a ton of info on them. :O

64 T-34 Ghia (Wolfie)
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=412120