[T3] Dwell Meter Stalls Engine

Know One knowonelse at sbcglobal.net
Thu Feb 23 13:38:16 PST 2012

> > that when I hook up the dwell meter (red on -coil,
> black to ground) it kills the
> > engine.  If I switch it to TACH mode it reads the
> RPM, but the engine slows way
> > down.  As soon as I go to DWELL mode again it will
> stall.  What's going on?

I'd first double-check how it is hooked up. Occasionally when I hook up my electronic instruments, the numbers look way off. This happens more often than I'd like to admit, but hey.

Also check to be sure that any exposed metal clamping device pieces aren't contacting something they are not supposed to touch. The clamps should not move when the engine is revved up.

Jeff '67 Sqbk