[T3] Weird Idle Dips

Dave Hall dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk
Fri Feb 24 07:42:17 PST 2012

Check the distributor is firmly clamped - it might be your timing is
gradually changing.  Is the distributor cam lubricated?  Could be the points
heel is wearing quickly.

I assume you don't change all the components each tune up?

What do the plugs look like when you take them out?  There might be clues
like oil or soot that show there's a problem outside the ignition system.

Dave.
UK VW Type 3&4 Club