[T3] Newbe! Checks in...

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Wed Feb 29 14:49:45 PST 2012

In a message dated 2/29/2012 5:26:24 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
clockdoc56 at gmail.com writes:

Hi Bob.  Thanks for the re: to start I have a t-4 engine ready to go.  2056
hydraulic.fan work done for timing access .all the clutch  -flywheel-pilot
bearing clearance the bell housing stuff is done w/412 fan  adapt.and
boot.frame mounts off 69 into 67 chassis for the rear engine  mounts.short
intake runners and low carbs- linkage.using org wishbone style  69 irs only
no forks@ tranny.just heavy t-4 mustache bar and hockey pucks  at the body.
As far as window rubber I like the trim.better than the cal.  It seems to
tie in with the pop outs .need the 67 front.rt.fender for fuel  tank
change.or weld it closed.or could leave it there. Guess that a non  issue.
And yes i'm looking at a long road ahead.sometimes I surprise  myself-
sometimes not! I know better than to set a completed date. It will  tell me
that! Lol.just going to enjoy the process and learn how to ...  Thanks so
much. Jeff aka Gunnie

Ok, this has helped a bunch. It sounds like you've done quite a bit of the
IRS conversion to the body, to be able to keep the IRS.

Since you're set up for carbs, that eliminates the need for modifying the
67 fuel tank, or cutting into the wall to use the 69 tank. It also sounds
like  you've taken the time to find the hard to get NLA t-4 wagon cooling
bellow  parts. That's a plus. : )  Have you cut down the intake manifolds down
yet?  I'm only asking, because they'll need to be at least 1.5 inches shorter
than the  shortest you can buy.

Yeah, you can go either way on the right fender. Some just weld it closed
and finish body working it, while others replace it. It's just a matter of
whether or not you can find an early fender that's in as good of shape as
the 1  you have.

You'll want to contact ISP West for the window seals. Ask Anthony (or Alex)
 for their new "blocked" version, as that seems to be the best that uses
the  trim. Note; they have the trim too if you need it. By "blocked", I mean
the seal  has the corners already made into them, rather than it looking like
a big rubber  band. You might want to look thru their online catalog, and
make a list before  ordering, as I'm sure you'll need more stuff. Their
prices are a little higher  than say WCM, but they do know T-3's. : ) Get you
hood, rear hatch, gate, and  door seals thru CIP, as they're a little cheaper
in cost, but made by WCM (for  less than WCM charges). You could get the side
glass seal from them too if you  want, but CIP doesn't offer the trim.

As for a "completion" date, I was just trying to find out IF it had to be
done now, or whenever it gets done on it's own as money dictates. ;-) I know
 from past experience, that setting a "due date" doesn't always work, and
can  cause unseen problems when you get there. :O I've gotten to the point of
making  "soft goals" that are more manageable, and that allows the project
to keep  moving along. I hope this helps.

64 T-34 Ghia  (Wolfie)