[T3] Speedometer/Odometer ratio

Gary Forsmo gbforsmo at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 12:37:33 PST 2012

My understanding is a W is pronounced like a V could there be a translation
on the speedo?
My friend is German and his name starts with a W but you pronounce as a V.
 (Waldemar Kohl) = (Valdemar Kohl)
Just a thought but have not real clue. Its one language I have always
wanted to learn but never took the time.
**********************************
As in: Wolkswagen?

My father emigrated from Norway in 1913, without being English speaking.
 As he got older his "V's" and "W's" got more and more interchangeable.

Vinegar became winegar,
vehicle became wehicle,
vital became wital,
wide became vide,
welcome became Velkommen ... oh wait, that's the same.  :-)

Could that be the same in the German language?

Gary "Frito" - '69 Variant, FI, MT
Rockport, TX (winter)
Lake Geneva, WI (summer)