[T3] FI Hose Clamps

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Sun Jan 8 18:49:03 PST 2012

In a message dated 1/8/2012 5:12:26 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
gbforsmo at gmail.com writes:

*Type 3  Noob from San Jose asked:
*I don't suppose you would know off the top of  your head how many
> clamps I would need to go with that hose?

*I  did a "mental" count when I re-hosed my '69 Variant in 2010.   Starting
from the Incoming High Pressure Fuel Line that comes thru the  "tin", around
the Fuel Ring, hose "stubs" to the Injectors and back to the  Fuel Pressure
Regulator on the RHS, I counted 15 ... but I may have missed  some.  I cut
off the short hose stubs that were connected to the metal  "T's"and "swaged"
on to the injectors.  Be careful when you cut them  off.  It's easy to
damage the Fuel Injector inlet.  Go  slow.

Then, up front from the Fuel Tank, Fuel Pump, Fuel Filter, (small  round
Expansion Chamber [if you have one]), "T's" and other Fuel Line  connectors,
High-Pressure Line, Return Line, etc. there are probably  another 20 or so.

If you had 50 clamps, you should have enough to  replace all of them.
Somebody may have a more accurate  count.

I believe it's closer to 34 (if you're redoing the injector ends), and as
high as 38 IF you're using the stock Bosch pump, and dampener. If you're
using  the ranger pump, it's closer to 32 clamps.

71 Notch (Krunchy)
64 T-34 Ghia  (Wolfie)