[T3] Workbench & AAR

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Mon Jan 30 19:21:53 PST 2012

On 30 Jan 2012 at 11:56, Gary Forsmo wrote:

> *OK, Jim, speak "english" for us "newbies".  What's an AAR?

AAR =  auxiliary air regulator  It controls extra air to up the idle
speed when the engine is cold.

> And further, knowing what you know (which is a lot) about my '69, do you
> think my AAR (whatever it is?) needs looking at?

I don't know if yours is sticking, but there's a good chance that it
is. Lots of them stick by now.

> Is the inspection and "lapping the bore" a relatively simple procedure?
>  Possibly do it at the 2012 Invasion?

No, I use my drill press to lap the bore, and I take the parts to a
shop with a parts washer afterwards, to get rid of the grit that this
produces.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org