[T3] Re Invasion Update

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Wed Jul 4 10:58:35 PDT 2012

In a message dated 6/27/2012 7:19:53 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
jaransont3 at comcast.net writes:

I have  been crunching some numbers just as Jim did and here is what I came
up  with....

Total miles travelled:        2839   ....this corrected from the Sophy's
odometer which reads high due to  the smaller tires.
Gallons of Gas used:         113.5
Total Cost of Fuel:        $400
Average  Mileage:        24.8 mpg   ...again using the  corrected miles
High Tankful:            27.6  mpg
Low Tankful:                 17.0 mpg   ...this was the tank used to go to
the top of Pikes Peak.  <G>
Average $/gal:             3.57            ...I bought mostly  midgrade

Well, it took a little longer to get our numbers up, as we had to use  map
quest between the fuel stops, due to the speedometer breaking part way into
our trip. But we covered 2900.2 miles, used 115.14 gallons of fuel, and
averaged  25.447 mpg for the entire trip. We also spent 477.90 for fuel
(premium). Now I know there were some low mileage tanks, and high  mileage tanks
used, but without an odometer for most of the ride out, it's hard  to tell
which tanks were which. Didn't do an average cost of fuel, but it was  cheaper
out of Michigan, and the further west you went until we got into  Colorado.
: )

64 T-34 Ghia  (Wolfie)