[T3] Well I tried...

Keith Park topnotch at nycap.rr.com
Mon Jul 2 19:06:21 PDT 2012

Went to register the Crate, and for those not familiar with the New York
DMV,,,  ANYTHING can and will go wrong even when you have all your ducks
lined up.
Drove out to Johnstown and stood in line, this is an older DMV office and
upon arriving I discovered that my insurance company faxed me expired
insurance forms, OK. will they notice this?  She took the forms, did the
thing with the red ink circles and arrows and such, all seemed to be going
well and then she grabbed me a set of plates..

GAA  2110

No, Im not kidding.. GAA 2110!  NOW. I knew I was boned!  That plate is
never going to end up on my little bone stock 1492 domie engine. so how did
things screw up?  They never even noticed the expiration date on the form
but when they scanned it my license number did not match the one on the bar
code, probably because the bar code was bad, so after spending 2 hours on
hold in 3 attempts to get the forms faxed they were useless and I left with
nothing.

Sigh!

Maybe next time they will try to issue me GAG 1492 ,  THEN I'll know things
will work!

Keith

Top Notch Restorations
topnotch at nycap.rr.com