[T3] Hothe's numbers

Keith Park topnotch at nycap.rr.com
Mon Jul 2 19:30:32 PDT 2012

Finally getting caught up..
The invasion was 4085mi, 156.789gal of gas at an astounding $567!

My lowest gas mileage was 21.3mpg (pays to go it slow up pikes peak!)
My highest gas mileage was 27.9mpg

With the average 26.05, a bit low but with gasohol!

Its getting about a quart in 1400mi, much better than in the past, and the
Valves were nearly spot on after all those miles, only 2 had loosened to
.007 so
The Genuine VW Russ Wolfe heads are holding up spectacular and im quite
relieved
To find that after driving thru Kansas at 110F in the shade!

The rest of the engine has just turned 130Kmi

Other than some noodling with the Mark 10 ignition I didn't touch ANYTHING
the entire way.

It needs a major tuneup, but is still running fine so Im not opening any
cans of worms
Till after I get back from the vacation at the lake.  Ill do a compression
check then too and really see how things
Look.

And it took a couple hours to get all those bugs off the front!  She's nice
and clean now  :-)

Keith

Top Notch Restorations
topnotch at nycap.rr.com