[T3] Fan belt

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Mon Jun 4 19:46:19 PDT 2012

On 4 Jun 2012 at 19:10, Keith Park wrote:

> It's a Gates 7395XL
> Ahh but Jim, with a system voltage of squat, what was your gas mileage
> With the FI?

That's the part I can't explain. That was a trip from Madison to
Chicago and back. It's about 150 miles each way and the belt broke on
the Interstate just outside the Chicago suburbs on the way back. I
expected the gas mileage to be awful, but it wasn't. It was a warm
summer day and the engine was well warmed up when this happened, so
maybe low voltage only has much effect during warmup. That's
something we wouldn't normally be able to discern.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org