[T3] Rev Limiting Motor

Gary Forsmo gbforsmo at gmail.com
Sat Mar 3 09:54:25 PST 2012

Does that mean, IF I was on a straight section of highway with no
speed limits, calm wind conditions, unlimited visibility, get my FI,
MT engine up to top rev's in 3rd gear, (for a short period of time),
an auxiliary tachometer would read about 5,000 rpm?  And that's
because the D Jetronics have built-in electronics which would limit
the rpm's?

Caveat:  That's providing the engine didn't start swapping pistons in
the cylinders, or some other top-rev malfunction.

Gary "Frito" - '69 Variant, FI, MT
Rockport, TX (winter)
Lake Geneva, WI (summer)