[T3] Engine production numbers was Weird Idle Dips

Dave Hall dave at hallvw.clara.co.uk
Sun Mar 4 05:19:04 PST 2012

Looking at the 1500 engine numbers you can see a bulge around '63/'64 that
exceeds by a large margin the number of Type 3 chassis made - that was when
they put the 1500 engine in some buses, but most had the 1200cc.  I guess
some of the extra production was for stationery engines for pumps,
generators etc too.

Oddly, the numbers of chassis built in the '68 model year seems to exceed
the engines by around 15,000 - what's that all about?

Dave.
UK VW Type 3&4 Club