[T3] Child seats in a Square

Gary Forsmo gbforsmo at gmail.com
Sat Mar 10 10:57:30 PST 2012

Boy-oh-Boy.  What I DON'T know about my Squareback would fill volumes.
 When I put my (original, one-owner) '69 T3 back in service, this summer
I've just gotta be more observant about the details.

If my car has those mounting holes with plugs in the C-pillar, I've never
noticed them.  I'm really appreciative of members who take time to make
this forum a teachable moment.  Thanks.

Our kids were 8- and 5-years-old when we bought the T3 with lap belts in
the rear.  It always irritated me that the belts got trapped when we raised
the seat back & lowered the bottom seat cushion back into riding position.
 But even the kids learned how to fish them out so they could use them.

But having rear seat belts was better than an arm across their chest, if
they were riding in the front seat in our previous cars: 1959 Rambler
American; 1950 Ford Station Wagon; & 1946 Nash Statesman.

Gary "Frito" - '69 Variant, FI, MT
Rockport, TX (winter)
Lake Geneva, WI (summer)