[T3] car died on way home

C. Rochambeau crochambeau at gmail.com
Sun Mar 11 09:32:10 PDT 2012

On Sat, Mar 10, 2012 at 12:46 PM, Jim Adney <jadney at vwtype3.org> wrote:

"Back at the engine, against the "firewall," just to left of center,
there should be an inline connector that connects a FI wiring harness
wire from the brain to a wire into the rear main wiring harness. This
wire leads to the fuel pump relay and is what makes the relay close.
Check that connection and make sure that the wires are plugged
together correctly."

Years ago I was preparing to leave for work in the morning only to observe
a squareback stalled out at the intersection up the street from my house.
He couldn't get it started, it had just died on him. We pushed it back to
my place to deal with later in the day. Turned out the little wire Jim
spoke of was the culprit. Car ran fine, then just stopped. At least it was
an easy fix! Hope yours is the same.

http://crochambeau.blogspot.com/