[T3] test of sending message-ignore

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Sun Mar 18 20:20:19 PDT 2012

On 18 Mar 2012 at 19:56, Ken Main Mail wrote:

> Are you saying the body of the message is blank?

It wasn't blank, but the only stuff in there was quoted material from
a previous message. It looked like you were planning to respond to
another message, but hit send before you added any text of your own.

> On my end I am not able to read my messages to the group other than in the
> "sent items" of my email folders.  None of my messages to the group appear
> in my Inbox.

I've seen several here.

> I had a lead on a automatic trans mount and that deal fell through the part
> #is 311301265d.  Any leads of where I should go next?  I do not think I can
> glue the rubber back together.

If you can get the parts really clean, super glue actually works
quite well on rubbers. "Really clean" means to get ALL the oil/grease
off the surfaces. Parts cleaner or gasoline, followed by alcohol and
acetone usually work. Clamp the parts after gluing, just enough to
close the bond line as thin as possible, and make sure the glue comes
squeezes out all sides of the crack, so you know that it got
everywhere. Let it sit clamped overnight.

Remember: the parts weren't originally bonded to the metal with
magic. There was an actual adhesive involved.

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org