[T3] oil pump size

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Thu Mar 22 06:38:22 PDT 2012

In a message dated 3/22/2012 12:47:17 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
jadney at vwtype3.org writes:

I don't  think it's really a problem, other than the fact that it
sticks out of the  case a bit more than the OG dished cam pump.
Even on type 3s, there's  enough room for a 25 mm pump.

My 71 Notch engine got a 26 mm Shadeck oil pump fitted to it when it was
rebuilt. No problems with clearance. The big key is to make sure both of  the
holes (oil pump, and case) have the same size. However, someone on the
Samba  ran into a different issue within the last month or so, in that the pump
body  was a little smaller than the opening, resulting in a slip fit (loose)
pump with  the case all tightened up. Normally these should be a light
interference fit.  Just another thing to keep an eye out for. He ended up "O"
ringing the pump  body for a fix.

64 T-34 Ghia  (Wolfie)