[T3] Cleaning brake lines

Joe Plowick III gtixpress at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 06:24:26 PDT 2012

Has anyone ever attempted to clean their existing brake hard lines?  Is
there something that I can use to clean the gunk from the lines and remove
some of the rust on the threads without harming the metal?  I'm mostly
concerned with the small lines, not the main central tunnel line.  I've
considered getting new lines, but I'm not very confident in my ability to
bend the new lines properly and would like to eliminate any excess costs in
getting the car back on the road.  The lines look okay, just the threads
and ends are in rough shape.

Thanks!
Joe P.
'69 Type 3 Squareback