[T3] Solix 32 PDSIT

Brion Sabbatino brionsab at msn.com
Wed Mar 21 16:20:47 PDT 2012

It has warmed up here in the desert. I have the car running. I need some direction in setting up the duel carburetors. I have searched the web, the Samba, etc...No where can I find the set up procedure for these carburetors. There is nothing about them in any of my manuals.

There is one large knob on each carburetor. Also another Hexagonal brass thing that looks more like a jet holder than adjustment. These are both on the side that faces the heads rather than the center of the engine. Also an adjustment screw is just below the choke assemblies. Seems to be more of a stop than anything else.

Where is the idle adjusted? Why is there nothing on the web about these? The carburetors are Solix 32 PDSIT.

My Idle drops off and stalls the engine. Also I have an occasional backfire. I need to know what does what.

I understand how to adjust carbs. I just don't know what is what on these Solixs.

Brion
S. Utah