[T3] FI Help needed

Jim Adney jadney at vwtype3.org
Sun May 6 05:29:19 PDT 2012

On 5 May 2012 at 20:54, Keith Park wrote:

> When my fuel press regulator went bad it would spike the pressure up to 40
> or 45 when started hot, it was hard to start but ran OK once it started, and
> the pressure slowly floated down to Normal over the next few miles.

This makes me wonder if your regulator problem was related to some
kind of gummy deposit that built up on the regulator orifice and made
it sticky. If that was the case, maybe adding some FI cleaner to the
gas might have fixed it.

OTOH, if that was it, why doesn't this happen to the rest of us
occasionally?

Jim Adney, jadney at vwtype3.org