[T3] Stalling after 15 minutes on the Interstate!

Art Sterrett asterrett2010 at att.net
Mon May 14 17:27:50 PDT 2012

My 1971 Fastback w/fuel injection has been running great, mostly short trips to work, etc.  Yesterday I decided to run up the Interstate about 8 to 10 miles to visit my son.  Car was performing good, I was driving at 60 to 65 mph, no problems.  I exited off the Interstate into the town where my son lives and every time I had to stop the engine would die.  At first it didn't want to start but I found that if I put the pedal to the floor it would start back up and would run until I stopped again.  It acts and feels like the engine if starving for fuel.

The tank was full of gasoline, the battery is good, and it is showing right at 14.5v when running, everything appears normal!  Has anyone experienced this as I am open to suggestions as to what to check and what to look for.

I had hoped to make the invasion this time but work ruined those plans.  I am glad this happened now rather than occurring about halfway to the invasion.  I will look forward to hearing from some of you!

Art Sterrett
Mobile, Alabama

1971 Fastback w/ fuel injection
1971 Super Bug w/ auto stickshift