[T3] Carburetor Intake Gaskets

Brion Sabbatino brionsab at msn.com
Tue Nov 13 20:17:12 PST 2012

Air cleaner. That is another story. Has those low profile foam air filters. I need new foam filters for them and have no clue what to order. Going to S. Cal next month and will look out there.

The engine is a later 1970's era case (UO367166) in a 1969 Squareback. All the FI wiring was cut out or removed. At least it is a duel relief case.

The carburetors are Solex and everything associated with it appears to be correct for an earlier Non-FI Squareback. Pulled pretty strong for running on three cylinders.

Now that I have a 1970 Squareback Auto FI and this four speed manual carburetor Square, I can have my own rants...Auto vs Manual...Carburetor vs FI...beer vs wine...

I will continue to go through the engine best I can without splitting the case. I hope that part was done correctly. No knocks or other sounds. End play and bearings are tough to check unless I split it. Rolling the dice on the block.

You guys are a invaluable source of knowledge and reinforce my thought process.

The T3 is a different beast than other VW's or Porsche's for sure.

Brion S.
S. Utah