[T3] Throttle Valve Switch and AAR, etc.

J. Jonik j_jonik at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 11 11:31:06 PST 2012

Questions:
 1-    Setting the Throttle Valve Switch.   If the engine's running, and you moved the TVS setting (with lower screw kept temporarily loose), should you notice any change in idling when it is in incorrect setting?    If there's no change (as it is with mine), does that mean the TVS is shot?

2-   Setting the Alternate Air Regulator.... To get this straight...is it that when it's cold you can blow through it freely, but when it's warmed up, the spring closes the passage and you can't blow through it?
  So, if setting is wrong, and air continues to go through, will that cause irregular idle, or just slightly speeded up idle?

3-  I want to test the ground wire on top center of the engine to make sure it's not broken somewhere.   Can I use test light to touch to a hot wire and to the un-plugged ground wire to see if it lights?    Or, will I fry something?   (I'm not a whiz at electronics.)