[T3] Flickering Oil Light

Bobsnotch at aol.com Bobsnotch at aol.com
Wed Oct 3 20:26:58 PDT 2012

In a message dated 10/3/2012 11:21:07 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
jadney at vwtype3.org writes:

> ---  Another correction. The engine in my '71 was a '72 engine...which
> I  put in way back when I changed the '71 from automatic to standard
>  shift.  Of course, compatible "brain" was installed at the time.

So you have a '72 brain in there with the '72 FI wiring harness. If
so, and if you still have access to the donor '73 car, I'd advise
swapping in the '73 brain.

I think the way he wrote it is wrong Jim. He's actually got the 73 engine
set up as a 71, just like the 72 engine he previously had in the car was set
up  (also as a 71). The engine year was incorrect for the car, but the FI
was  correct for the car.

64 T-34 Ghia  (Wolfie)